Search This Blog

Monday, September 5, 2011

I love the RenFest

Specifically, I love dressing up to go to the Renaissance Festival.  If you ever get a chance to go as a "civilian" and then in Ren garb, you'll know why.  You get treated as a completely different person when you're in velvet and brocade.

Today, we went to the Renaissance Festival.  My guy was dressed in regular clothes, since we have not yet put together a costume for him.  I was dressed in a gorgeous red getup made by Sandy at M'Lord and Tailors.  I was asked if I was the queen by one little boy.  I was asked to have my photograph taken by a man with a very nice camera (maybe I'll find myself on one of the RenFest photo pages).  I was addressed by 3 women in matching dresses offering to buff my cleavage.  I was told that my dress was beautiful/gorgeous/pretty countless times.  And I was even called a weapon of mass seduction and threatened to be wrapped in duct tape.

The only thing I hate about going to the RenFest dressed up is that you're kind of expected to talk in some olde English accent.  Uh.  I suck at that.  So I talk plainly or not at all.

Poor Brandon, in his plainclothes, got called a liability, a peasant, and lucky.

No comments:

Post a Comment